Friday, August 24, 2012

On our way again!

Well, Jack and I are en route to our next adventure! We are on our way to Miami to set sail on Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas for a three night cruise to the Bahamas!

We booked this adventure last minute, less than two weeks out to be exact. I was curious to see if the price would drop even further after I booked and was pleasantly surprised when it didn't. I will say that the Majesty's sister ship the Monarch has a sailing today as well that visits the same ports and that price did continue to drop throughout this past week. So basically, if you are in the market for a great last minute deal, they can be found! Especially if you have a good travel agent ;) Sorry, had to take that moment to advertise!

Of course one of the major hindrances of any last minute adventure is the cost of airfare. We were lucky because we had Southwest points we could use for our flight so as soon as I decided there was a real chance we would do a cruise I booked the flights. I knew of we didn't end up going (as if that was ever truly a possibility) I could just cancel and keep the points so there was no out of pocket expense for that.

So we are on our way to Miami with a quick stop in Nashville. Now usually I wouldn't recommend flying in on the same day as you are sailing since flight delays could create a disaster, but the goal of this trip was to keep costs down so we are risking it. We are actually flying into Fort Lauderdale and have a shuttle scheduled to pick us up and take us to the ship. Southwest doesn't fly into Miami but FLL is pretty close. The shuttle service we are using we have used before and it worked out very well last time. Plus the price is fantastic, it's only $15 per person each way. Last time we had a scheduled pick up at a hotel so I'm hoping this will be as smooth of a process. I'm supposed to call once I am ready to be picked up at the airport. We didn't check any bags (I am still amazed at how light I was able to pack) so we won't have any waiting around once we land. Assuming the process is as smooth as expected I will be shouting their praises and promoting them to all my clients ;)

The other fantastic part of a last minute trip is it is much easier to keep secret! I didn't tell Jack about our adventure until I woke him up this morning! It's interesting how much easier to wake up a sleepy 4 year old when you tell him you are leaving on vacation in 10 minutes! Jack is very excited and is currently watching Cars on the portable DVD player. Our flight should be landing in the next 30 minutes or so in Nashville for our plane change!

No comments:

Post a Comment