Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 2-Halloween!

The next morning (Halloween!) I woke up refreshed and ready to go at 8:45. Jack… not so much.



He slept in while I showered and unpacked the rest of our stuff.
For the entire month of October, the Great Pumpkin had been visiting Jack each night to give him a small treat. Most of them were things he would need for the trip. It appears the Great Pumpkin managed to find Jack for one last Halloween gift! He got a couple pairs of socks (he LOVES character socks) some fall Kleenex and a light up pirate thingie (for lack of a better description).



We also got another Fish extender gift this morning! Jack was so excited every time we got something!



That bag came in exceptionally handy when it was time to deliver my own gifts!
Finally we were headed to breakfast at the Beach Blanket Buffet at 9:45. It was a bit windy, and not as warm as I had thought it would be, but a very pleasant breakfast anyways.




That was the best French Toast I have ever had. I ate it whenever possible. Seriously delicious.
After breakfast I dropped Jack at the Oceaneer’s Club for the first time. When you get there, they give the kids a squirt of hand soap and send them to wash their hands. Jack always asked me to go with him, so I did, and then we did our goodbye ritual of me asking him how many kisses he wanted and him telling me to have a good day. Then I was free!
I have to say it was a strange feeling. I am so used to having him with me unless I am working! He goes to preschool 4 days a week, and one of those days is also a day I’m off. I get the same feeling then sometimes, but usually I have a million errands to run. Today I had nowhere to be for a while. So I did what felt normal… and ended up here!



I know it’s blurry, so I will just tell you… It’s the Future Cruise booking desk!! Yup, that’s right I’m not even very far into my second day and I am ready to rebook. Well, to be honest we had already decided in my family that we wanted to try the Dream in 2013, and then shortly before we sailed, the Dream 2013 itineraries were published. I had heard how good deals could be when booking on board and we were pretty sure we would do it. Then right before the trip my mom started to get cold feet about spending $ on a 2013 cruise before they even have their 2012 cruise paid off. So when I got on the ship I checked out the deals and called to let them know. Once I told her how good it was, she agreed we should do it! For us it was 10% discount, reduced deposit (10% of the fare) and a $100 OBC. We booked 2 Verandah Category 6B (I think) staterooms for 10/20/2013. We paid a deposit of $137 for each stateroom! I know that if you have done more DCL cruises or are booking a longer cruise, the OBC goes up. Even so I was pleased with our deal!
When I was done with the booking excitement, I headed back to the cabin to decorate for Halloween. My very good friend Hope had sent us some cool decorations for this purpose. I left them up the entire cruise, and Jack thought they were awesome!






We also got a few more FE gifts:






Then I got to work on my own FE gifts! I got a good chunk of them put together and delivered and then headed to Guest Services. I needed to put my gift cards on my account and also drop off our items for signatures! I had ordered Jack a pillowcase and myself a tote bag from the same person who made our Fish Extender. Then you take them to Guest Services and leave them (I took fabric markers with mine) and they have all the characters sign them and they deliver them the last night of your cruise.
Jack’s room is pirate themed so I thought having a Pirate Mickey pillowcase would be appropriate:




Once I was done with that I delivered some more FE’s and then it was time for Champagne Girls!

Champagne Girls is an event that was organized by one of the people in our FE group. Basically, all the ladies come wearing a tiara and a pink boa and bring champagne. We got super lucky as the lovely woman (Val) who organized this event upgraded her room to the Roy Disney Suite!!!! It was so exciting to see this room up close and she let us poke around and satisfy our curiosity! I didn’t take any pictures but it was amazing!!!! Also, as a person who doesn’t drink champagne usually, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it! Not to mention Val kept filling our glasses up. I will say I had a killer headache later on…
After my lovely afternoon of champagne sipping I headed to visit a fellow travel agent from my agency. It was nice to finally meet someone I “work” with! Plus she told me all kinds of useful information about cruising with Disney, which was awesome since I was new to the whole experience.
I finally had to break away to pick up Jack to get him dressed for Trick or Treating. I picked him up from the club around 4:45 and we went to get him into his costume. I had him wear his pirate costume since I had to bring it for Pirate night anyways. We also checked out our latest FE gifts!



At 5 pm we headed to the ToT Trail that was mapped out for us with an instruction sheet our steward left in our room.




The trail led us up the decks and ended by the Goofy pool. I think there was a show or something but Jack wasn’t interested so we went back to our room to change. I didn’t want him to mess up his pirate costume since he had to wear it again!
Naturally there were MORE FE gifts when we got back!


We went to go catch Mickey in his Halloween gear:

Then we went back to our room and found… MORE FE STUFF!

Then it was time for dinner! We were in Triton’s this night. I will say Triton’s was so convenient since there were always Character Meet and Greets either right before or after dinner right outside the doors!
Dinner was delicious as usual…
Jack’s

The one and only time Jack got something other than a Mickey Bar:

French Onion Soup:

Steak on top of mashed potatoes with bacon wrapped green beans

Dessert Trio- The thing on the right was not yummy…

Teody made the kids origami out of their menus!

The pumpkin display in the front of Triton’s

After dinner we got pictures with Minnie! Jack even let me join him in this photo!

We went back to the room and discovered a towel ghost!
/
We went outside and my headache was gone so I got a Drink of the Day which was a Witches Brew. It was quite tasty!

Gnomeo and Juliet was playing in the Buena Vista theater and I though Jack would like it so we went. It was the 3D version. After about 10 minutes he was over it and wanted to leave so we went back to the room and watched cartoons and ordered oatmeal raised and chocolate chip cookies and milk. They were yummy and HUGE! The girl said it would be 30 minutes or less and I think we waited maybe 10 minutes. I tipped the guy $2. I don’t remember what time we went to bed, but I know it wasn’t too late.

(Also, there was no show tonight, they were showing Real Steel instead, which I knew wouldn’t be something Jack would be interested in)

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Just came across your blog hunting for FE gift ideas. LOVE THIS! We go on our first Disney cruise in December and I can't wait. Already have two FE gifts done and working on so many more. I just love every one I find! I really enjoyed "riding along" with you this day on the ship. Thanks so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete