Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Our Mexican Adventure, Day 1

Hola Everyone!!! Welcome to another installment of the Many Adventures of Mommy and Jack! This story will be about our WONDER-ful vacation aboard the Disney Wonder! Be prepared for plenty of pictures and many details of our 7 night cruise and one day Disneyland Extravaganza!

Here we are, me (mommy) :


and he (Jack- DS3):


You'd have a face like Jack's if your mommy looked like that too! I only look like that on travel days Just kidding, I was getting my hair done for a friends wedding, I just thought it would be entertaining!

So to set the scene, our Mexican Riveiera cruise was Oct 30-Nov 6 out of LA and we were spending a night at Disneyland before coming home. I worked 9 days in row prior to my vacation, and things got a bit hectic towards the end. Needless to say, this was a much needed vacation.

We had free flights through Southwest since we have been flying a lot the past couple of years, so that was a major selling point since airfare to CA (we live in Kansas City) is usually pretty pricey. I took the risk and booked us on flights the morning of our departure day. Typically I wouldn't risk that, but with the time change and the good weather forecast, I decided to cut out the expense of a hotel the night before the cruise and go same day.

Our flight left at 7 am, and we thankfully live only a few minutes from the airport so my dad being the kind and generous soul he is dropped us off at 6 am, which meant I was up at 5:15 to get dressed and walk the dog.

I managed to get all our stuff in 2 suitcases (at 48 pounds each) and 3 carry ons, so we were set. We did curbside check in and and breezed through security. Turns out they don't make little kids take off their shoes to go through security! This was a relief becuase for some reason this really upsets Jack.

Soon we were sitting calmly, drinking chocolate milk, and waiting to board!

Our plane:


Carry ons:

I borrowed the Baggalini from my mom. It ended up being attached to me most of the trip...

Soon we were on the plane!!!

Mickey decided to join us for our Halloween getaway!


Jack had a cookie for breakfast while watching the Thanksgiving episode of Charlie Brown:


We had a layover in Denver:


We got into LAX a few minutes early!! We were scheduled to arrive at 10:10 but we were off the plane before 10 am! I was so glad we decided to risk the same day flight! Saving that $100 was worth it in this instance!

No comments:

Post a Comment