Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 6 of our adventure!

On our second day at Cabo, I fully intended to leave Jack on the boat. He had been such a whiner the day before, and I wanted to enjoy the port a bit.
I woke up at 7:25 for some unknown reason. Jack got up at 8 (wake- up call) because the ship was leaving Cabo early. Just a heads up, the second Cabo day is really more of a half day. We headed back to the buffet for breakfast as usual.


Jack of course spilled on his shirt so we went back to the room to change. Then we swung by the computer area to check email and get confirmation on the amount of tequila my mom wanted us to purchase. Then we headed to the club so I could drop off Jack. The club wasn’t open, they were sending the kids to the lab instead and Jack informed me he would rather go with me. I double and triple checked and he assured me he wanted to go and he was going to be good. So off we went!
He still looks a little sleepy…


We went back to the same place we had been shopping the day before. I don’t know what it’s called but it’s the big yellow building right off the dock. We picked up quite a few souvenirs and I spent enough that they gave us a few tote bag. We were headed out when a guy stopped us and asked about a water taxi tour. He said kids were free. I was really tired of being asked so I replied, “Yeah, but how much are adults?” to which he replied “$10”. Sold! I was really excited we would actually get to see the landmarks and I was so glad I had canceled the Harbor cruise excursion. This was cheaper than just one of us going on the excursion, and that was after I tipped the guy and the driver each $5. The guy said it would be a few minutes before the boat got back and then he led us down to the pier. We chatted a few minutes and he was really good with Jack. Then we got on our boat!
I was happy to see they were safety conscious and had Jack wear a life jacket!

The company was Little Crab Glass Bottom boats

I took a lot of pictures so bear with me!



At our first stop the driver gave Jack some tortillas to feed the fish so they would come closer to the boat



I think they called this rock Pelican rock, but I might be making that up!

We were off of a beach and there were lots of people snorkeling, kayaking etc. If we had wanted they would have dropped us off at the beach and then come back for us later but we had already had a beach day so I wanted to stay on the boat.





Then the driver let Jack help him steer!

Scooby Doo rock formation


The famous Los Arcos


Lands End









Jack had enjoyed feeding the fish so much that we stopped on the way back too!


Jack really enjoyed this boat ride

I took some pictures of some of the signs as we headed back to the tender…


We were back on the ship by 11:15! I really enjoyed the cold washcloths they handed out as we got back on board, it really helps cool you down. I also LOVE that DCL allows you to bring alcohol on board. I had a bag full of tequila and they barely gave it a second glance!
WE headed back to the room and chilled a bit. Jack watched cartoons and we changed and then I took an inventory of our purchases…




 I finished up our postcards and then we headed to lunch at Tritons. Jack REEEEEEAAAAALLY didn’t want to eat there, but I wanted to try an informal meal somewhere other than the buffet.
We got lucky and got our normal servers! Jack had a cheeseburger

Normally at dinner Anthony was the one who made the ketchup Mickey heads. Today Teody did it and we got a special surprise, a Minnie!

This became a joke later on at dinner…
I tried the chilled mango soup

It really wasn’t bad, but there was just something I couldn’t adjust to. I can’t put my finger on it, but I really felt like this should be sipped through a straw and have rum in it…

I had pasta for my entrée, and it was delicious!

Jack had a Mickey bar for dessert, and I ate some of it since I had never had one, and since I definitely don’t need two desserts a day!

After lunch we dropped our postcards off at guest services. We went back to the room and found some of the most creative FE gifts yet!


Then I took Jack back to the pool and enjoyed the drink of the day. Afterwards Jack wanted to go to the kids club. I used the opportunity to attend the DVC lecture and take some pictures around the ship. I basically started at the top and worked my way down. I am not going to post them all here, so if you have questions about anything in particular, let me know!
I stopped off and bought some more souvenirs too. When I was done I went back to the room and showered and changed for dinner. It was semi-formal night! I picked Jack up and had him change as well before heading to get some pictures taken. First we saw Goofy


Then we did another portrait. This one also didn’t turn out well enough for me to buy.
Next was Minnie!

I haven’t managed to get the red eye out yet

Next up was dinner!
Grilled vegetables and beef prosciutto

Wild forest mushroom soup

Fettuccine with parmesan crusted chicken

Lava Cake!

At dinner I told the others about the ketchup Minnie. We asked Anthony if he could top that, and he certainly tried…
Donald?

Jack had mac and cheese again…

… and a Mickey bar, surprise surprise

After dinner we went back to the room to change.
Towel Monkey!

Gratuity tickets etc

I really like the way DCL handles gratuity. Basically if you pay in advance, then they provide these tickets to you and the envelopes for the appropriate people. The tickets have the names on them as well, so you just hand them out. If you haven’t prepaid you can go to guest services and pay then and they give you the tickets. It is really nice to have something to hand to all the people who have made your trip magical! Of course you can always tip extra, but it wasn’t a hard sell like it was when we were on Carnival.
Next we headed to the Dreams show. It was awesome!!!! Disney really does have amazing productions!
After the show Jack insisted he wanted to watch a movie outside on the big screen. That lasted all of about five minutes. Can you guess what movie it was?





When we gave up on that we went inside and ordered room service (Jack hadn’t eaten much at dinner) and watched Gummy Bears (no Ducktales) before heading to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment