Wednesday, June 27, 2012

On our way!!!

Time for another adventure! This time Jack and I are headed back to Orlando ... But not to our usual haunt!

This adventure has us crossing over to the "dark side" and giving the Universal Studios Resort a spin. Compared to the rest of our journeys, this is a relatively last minute trip booked only 6 weeks out. My mom has to go to Orlando for work so the rest of us decided to tag along, and since it is such a quick trip, we thought it was the perfect time to introduce Jack to a new theme park experience. We are also pretty big Harry Potter fans so this was our chance to finally visit the Wizarding World!

We ended up getting a great deal through Groupon for 3 nights in a 3 bedroom townhouse for only about $400! With 5 of us the extra space will come in handy AND it has it's own mini pool! Originally I had thought I would surprise Jack with this adventure, but last week I decided that anticipation is half the joy of vacation (ok maybe not quite half) and I broke down and told him. I also figured it is going to require some explanation since he will obviously recognize Orlando but might be confused since we aren't going to Disney World.

Currently we are at the airport waiting for our flight. Hurricane Debby gave us a bit of a scare, but it looks like everything is going to turn out. We land a little after 11 so my dad and Jack and I will go eat lunch and entertain ourselves based on the weather while we wait for my mom (she's coming on a later flight). Naturally Jack is impatient and couldn't understand why we weren't boarding the flight before ours (Phoenix anyone?).

More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment