Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Universal Adventure... Getting Started

There’s our ride!!!


On the plane!!


This flight originated in St. Louis, then came to get us in KC, then flew to Orlando, Birmingham Alabama and Houston TX in that order. Now I have no idea what could possibly possess someone to take such a roundabout trip, but I think I would be MISERABLE.

Anywho, the flight was pretty uneventful. We were worried about a little bad weather due to what later was just tropical storm Debby, but we had no issues. Jack watched some Ducktales on his DVD player and I read. All in all a very quiet flight! Once we arrived we headed to our favorite fake monorail!



That kid is such a goof! Can you tell he was excited?

We stopped in the Universal store to get a couple maps and times guides. While I was inside Jack got a picture with one of his favorites!



Then he insisted on getting a picture with Goofy too…



Eventually we managed to tear him away. Once we got to baggage claim my dad went to go deal with the rental car while Jack and I rescued our luggage from the never ending luggage carousel. By the time we got all of it my dad was back and we were ready to walk over to the cars.

This was a first for me, usually I take the Magical Express. Or if we rent a car I wait with Jack and the luggage while my parents go get the car and bring it. I think this was the first time I’ve ever set foot in the parking garage! We got our wheels, a shiny silver Chevy Impala and headed out! We were pleasantly surprised to find out the toll sticker thing is automatic so we didn’t have to stop at each toll and pay.

I was kinda giddy about being able to take pictures since on the ME it’s often hard to get good shots…



Jack was very excited



I was a little upset when I found out the reason gas is so much cheaper everywhere else but where I live… turns out there is some sort of agreement where we have to use some sort of special gas in the summer months and it costs more? I don’t know all the details but I knew gas was around $3.30 at home…







/

Do you think people were stopping to take pictures in front of these signs and that’s why that had to put the no stopping sign up?




Our first stop was DTD! We had to look forever for a spot to park but eventually we got one… relaly fara way! We were starving so we were heading to Earl of Sandwich for lunch. This is the first time my dad had ever eaten at the one in Orlando. I went in and ordered while he and Jack got us a table outside. It was hopping in there!! Jack was dying to get his picture taken with Buzz and Mr. Potatohead





All of DTD seemed busy so we didn’t stick around for any shopping, instead we moved right on to our next stop!




For Father’s Day I had given my dad a gift card to cover lunch and mini golf specifically for this trip so I was really relieved when the weather turned out decent enough to play! In case anyone is curious, this one is adjacent to Blizzard Beach. It was $10 for kids and $12 for adults and if you play a second round it’s half off. There are two courses, Winter and Summer. We played Summer. I have a ton of pictures…



Jack’s ready to get to it!




























My dad got a hole in one here



Vending machines


plenty of benches spaced out between holes in case you had to wait

















A snoring noise comes from a speaker in that cooler on the right!
 









Your ball goes up that spirally thing and comes out a spout in the top and supposedly directly in the hole, but it didn’t work for my dad.



In case you are wondering Jack has NO IDEA how to mini golf. He doesn’t hold the club right at all and I am amazed no one got hurt with his insane swinging. Of course, he is 4. But it is CLEAR we don’t have another Tiger Woods on our hands!










I know I got a hole in one, I think it was on this one…











Once your ball went in it would play a little video. There were several different ones since all 3 of ours were different.







Jack got his first pressed penny of the trip!








/




We had some time to kill so we got a snack







On the way out I noticed these reindeer tracks




We’ve played Fantasia Gardens before but I liked this course much better. I mean, I’m not a huge mini golf fan anyways, but the theming here was so cute and so detailed!

We had plenty of time to spare… where would we go next?

No comments:

Post a Comment